1. There is a slight risk of accidental contamination.
2. Not a lot of people have died because of nuclear power plants.
3. Cleaner then fossil fuels
5. Nuclear power plants have prevented 219 million tons of sulfur dioxide and 98 million tons of nitrogen oxides
from being discharged into the atmosphere since 1973.
6. In early 1998 the Natural Resources Defense Council, a leader in the battle against air pollution, reached a landmark
agreement with New Jersey's Public Service Electric & Gas. The Natural Resources Defense council agreed to support the
Newark-based utility's full recovery of investments in nuclear plants and other facilities that might be "stranded" by electricity
deregulation. In turn, the utility said it would expand its energy-efficiency program.